USWNT vs Colombia – International Friendly
Date: June 28, 2022
place: Rio Tinto Stadium; Sandy, Utah
broadcast time: 10:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM EST
Official start time: 10:08 PM EST / 8:08 PM EST
Starting at XI against Colombia: 1- Alyssa Naher. 2-Ashley Sanchez, 8-Sofia Huerta, 10-Lindsey Horan (captain), 12-Naomi Germa, 13-Alex Morgan, 14-Emily Sonnett, 15-Megan Rapinoe, 16-Rose LaVille, 23-Midge Bourse, 26- Carson Beckett
Available subs: 4-Becky Sauerbrunn, 5-Kelley O’Hara, 6-Trinity Rodman, 7-Ashley Hatch, 9-Mallory Pugh, 18-Casey Murphy, 19-Emily Fox, 20-Taylor Kornieck, 21-Aubrey Kingsbury, 22- Kristi Moyes, 25- Jaylene Howell, 27- Sam Coffee
Don’t Season: Alana Cook, Sophia Smith, Andy Sullivan
game notes | Five things to know – Colombia
- USWNT Starting Maximum Numbers XI (including this match): Morgan (192), Rapinoe (189), Horan (111), Naeher (81), Lavelle (73), Sonnett (66), Purce (15), Huerta (14), Sanchez (9), Girma (2), Beckett (1)
- Tuesday’s starting lineup includes nine different players from Saturday’s starting lineup against Colombia, with Horan and Laville being the only players to start the two matches.
- Today’s starting lineup averages 67 caps per player with three players – Morgan, Rapinoe and Horan – having over 100 caps. In fact, Morgan and Rapinoe entered the match after making joint appearances with USWNT (379) more than nine other players in this starting lineup combined (363).
- Conversely, three players in the ninth start – Sanchez, Germa and Beckett – have number-one caps as Beckett prepares to make her international debut.
- defender Carson Beckett She is set to win her first title with the US women’s national team. Beckett, who was born without a part of her left arm, is the first player with bands in her limbs to appear for the USWNT team.
- Beckett will be the fifth player to make his US debut in 2022 and 15The tenth Player to win first title under Andonovsky. At 28 years 286 days old, Beckett is the oldest field player to make her USA debut since McCall Zerboni made her international debut at the age of 30 in 2017 and is the oldest field player to make her USA debut. .
- Lindsey Horan She is assigned to the team leader because she makes her 111The tenth She made all-time appearances for the USA and her third – and third – appearance in 2022. This will be the fourth time Horan has commanded the US and the first since USWNT matches against Australia ends in 2021.
- A goal keeper Alyssa Naher She returns to her starting line-up 81Street Hat overall and her third appearance this year. Naher enters the game with 46 lockouts during his career and ranks third in USWNT history in goalkeeper games, wins (64) and clean sheets.
- Ashley Sanchez She will begin her fourth career—which all came in 2022—as she appears for the ninth time overall in the USWNT. Sanchez will now appear in every USA game since her international debut on November 27, 2021, against Australia and has had two goals and two assists so far in her international career.
- defender Sofia Huerta you’ll make it 6The tenth Her career begins in what will be her 14The tenth Generally cover with USWNT. This will be Huerta’s seventh game since her return to the national team in November 2021, having played her previous seven matches over the course of 2017 and 2018, including her second-half appearance in the last USWNT match at Rio Tinto against China in June 2018.
- Naomi Germa She’ll earn her second professional title as she makes her second start at the USWNT. Jerma, who finished first in the 2021 NWSL College Draft competition, made her international debut and played the full 90 minutes in USA’s April 12 win over Uzbekistan in Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Alex Morgan It will start for the first time in the USA since October 21, 2021, where you are set to earn 192second abbreviation Max in general. Morgan made her international debut in Sandy, Utah on March 31, 2010 in a snowy match against Mexico. With her appearance today against Colombia, Morgan will go on to tie with Brandy Chastain for 14The tenth in USA charts.
- defender Emily Sonnet She returned to the field on her first start of the year with USWNT and her 66The tenth Max in general. Sonnett missed the April camp in the USA due to a rib injury, and missed the bench for the US Soccer Sheppelves Cup matches against the Czech Republic and Iceland. This is her first start for the United States since she made the full 90 minutes in a 3-0 win over Australia on November 27, 2021.
- Megan Rapinoe You will earn it 189The tenth Hat as she made her USWNT debut on October 21, 2021. Rapinoe returned to the field in Colorado in her first minutes of the year with the USWNT and helped score Taylor Kornick’s 90th goalThe tenth the moment. Rapinoe now has 72 career passes, one shy of tying Abby Wambach to third on the USWNT’s all-time assist lists.
- Rose Lavell She will make her fifth and fifth appearances beginning in 2022 as she claimed her 74th USWNT career title. Laville assisted Sophia Smith’s two goals in Saturday’s win over Colombia and has now played a direct role in seven goals in his last three games for the United States, netting two goals and five assists during that time. Lavell’s five passes so far in 2022 have been tied for her most ever in a calendar year with the USWNT.
- straight ahead Midge Pierce You will earn 15The tenth The hat in general because it started for the second time in the year and the first since USA’s February 20 victory over New Zealand during the SheBelieves Cup. Purce has three goals and three assists so far in her USWNT career and has scored at 84The tenth Minute against Uzbekistan on April 12, her latest act at Crest.
- Midfielder and NWSL Rookie of the Month winner Sam Covey is available on the bench for this game at Sandy. With Beckett getting the starting nod today for her first hat, Kofi will be the only player on this list still looking for a hat. If she sees action against Colombia, she will be 250 . KofiThe tenth Player to earn USWNT cap.